New CorelDraw to DXF tool for arc imports

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
CandCNC-Tom

New CorelDraw to DXF tool for arc imports

Post by CandCNC-Tom »

October 15th, 2006.

CandCNC and Leonard CNC Tools jointly announce the release of a low cost DXF Export tool for CorelDraw. Up until now the DXF exports from CorelDraw have been line segments only. No curves or arcs. DXFTool solves the problem and gives perfect arcs and circle exports for users of other software and VCarve CAM packages. Settings can be changed to provide more or less smoothing on complex arcs.

Priced at $49.95 USD the software is available as a fully functional free 30 day download at http://www.CandCNC.Com/DXFToolDetails.htm

CorelDraw ver 12 or later required

TOM caudle
www.CandCNC.com
www.FourhillsDesigns.com

bbergami

Post by bbergami »

Tom,
I downloaded the demo. I got an error that it couldn't find the Coreldraw12 workspace folder.

What's the problem. I have Coreldraw12.
Thanks
Bert

CandCNC-Tom

Post by CandCNC-Tom »

:oops: Sorry Bert. I found a bug in the install program today. If it is put on a system that is now or has been in the past on a network with the same user name it looks for the CorelDraw Workspace in the wrong place. We will have a fix for it shortly but if you will tell it to go ahead and install anyway (checkbox) you should be able to access the application using the Tools/Visual Basic/Play/Macros In/DXFTool.gms

If you get that to work let me know and I can tell you how to add it as a new toolbar item.

Thanks for your interest.

bbergami

Post by bbergami »

Thanks Tom....I'll try it tonight when I get home.
Bert

NSchlee
Vectric Craftsman

Post by NSchlee »

:( Had the same install problem, using CD X3, continued with installation, macro "does not" show in Tools/Visual Basic/Play/Macros In/DXFTool.gms.

NSchlee

CandCNC-Tom

Install Update

Post by CandCNC-Tom »

I have just uploaded a new DXFTool installer that does a better job at placing the Corel Workspace files. The older one would error off if the User Profile profile in Windows did not match the current user name in Windows. This can happen on any computer that has had multiple installs of Windows or has been attached to a domain server.

The new installer now goes and finds the actual User Profile rather than jus the login name.

Not that any of this matters, but I need somebody to share the misery with :cry:

This version still does not address the X3 install problems, but we are loading and setting up X3 as soon as it gets in and should have that issue resolved shortly as well.

We have a product support Yahoo Group under CandCNCSupport where the home CNC builders and users are welcome.

Tom Caudle
www.CandCNC.com

CandCNC-Tom

Version for CorelDraw X3 ready for download.

Post by CandCNC-Tom »

New installer now has separate CorelDraw X3 (Ver 13) installer in the zip file. Make sure your ver 12 has the latest SP1 patch installed if you are using 12.

http://www.CandCNC.com/DXFToolDetails.htm

NSchlee
Vectric Craftsman

Corel X3

Post by NSchlee »

Tried to install using the new X3 installer, still says it can't find GMS folder. It installs the menu items but they are not operational.

NSchlee

CandCNC-Tom

Post by CandCNC-Tom »

NSchlee: There is a special install log file. Contact me offlist via my email at CandCNC.com and I will tell you which file I need to track down the problem.

Tom Caudle
www.CandCNC.com

jemmyell

Re: Corel X3

Post by jemmyell »

NSchlee wrote:Tried to install using the new X3 installer, still says it can't find GMS folder. It installs the menu items but they are not operational.

NSchlee
Hi, I am the author of the DXFTool. Can you tell me if your E: drive (The GMS install drive) is a physical hard drive installed in your system? Is it a network drive? USB hard drive?

-James Leonard

monster-bash

the same problem: can not find gms folder

Post by monster-bash »

Hi guys,

I know it´s an old post, but I got the same problem and could not solve it yet.

I installed DXFTool_ver_1-7 for corel x3 and got the "can not find gms folder" error. I completed the install anyway, but the menu/icon are not functional.

Just to know:
- Corel x3 installed at the "G" hard drive,
- DXFToll installed at "G" hard drive.

Any help please ???

Thanks in advance,
Silvio Finotti