The Cut2D interface is very easy to understand and includes the following design and machining functionality:
Boundary Creation & Vector Tools
- Open or Import industry standard file formats DXF, EPS,
AI & PDF files that contain vector data.
- Work in Inches or Metric units.
- Fix open shapes to make them continuous, machinable profiles. This is a typical problem with many DXF designs that are constructed from separate entities.
- Automatically identify and select duplicate shapes in a file. This is a typical problem when working with designs from older sign making packages.
- Text entry using any True Type or Open Type fonts installed on the PC as well as access to a selection of Single Line fonts.
- Text editing to increase or decrease individual character spacing and bend the text on a simple curve.
- Drawing Tools for standard shapes - Rectangles, Circles and Ovals with interactive sizing and positioning and a Polyline sketching tool.
- Scaling and Positioning interactively using the mouse or with precise typed input.
- Weld overlapping shapes into a single closed outline shape
- Quick alignment of the design inside the material block or relative to other shapes.
- Interactive, quick and easy Node, Point and Span editing.
- Measure distances, angles, radiuses and object properties.
- Export 2D vectors as DXF, EPS, AI for use in other software.
- Profile machine around the Outside, Inside or On closed or open vector shapes with automatic compensation for the cutter shape & diameter even when using angled engraving cutters.
- Tabs (also called bridges) can be added interactively to Profile toolpaths to ensure parts are held in place during machining. Tabs are essential when cutting parts out of sheet material.
- Control where to start cutting and the option to ramp the cutter into the material which is very important when cutting hard materials.
- Pocket machining with options for Offset or Raster cutting.
- Quick Engraving toolpath for marking engraved products such as gifts, awards, plaques etc.
- All toolpaths include the option for multiple Z passes and ramping the cutter into the material.
- 3D Solid model toolpath preview that shows what material each toolpath will remove, with options to display the preview in various material types and an optional colour to indicate where material has been removed.
- 2D Wireframe Preview of each toolpath showing cut direction that instantly shows where the cutter will machine.
- Tool Database for quick and easy cutter selection. The Tool Database also stores your own tooling information with the cutting parameters – speeds, feed rates, tool number etc.
- Postprocessor's for virtually all industry standard CNC control systems
Mach3, GCode, ISO, Fanuc, Flashcut, HPGL, PLT, WinCNC, XYZ, DeskCNC, ShopBot, TurboCNC, EMC + many others..
- The postprocessor's can be edited to configure the CNC output to be changed as required
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions about postprocessor's
- Enter calculations for values; Example: enter “5/32=” to get the value 0.1562 for design editing or toolpath parameters.
- Save an image of Toolpath Preview model to help with job setup or to share what the part will look like when cut.
- Import designs from some of Vectric's other software products – Cut3D, PhotoVCarve & Vector Art 3D Machinist.